Understanding Chronic Wound Management
DescriptionChronic wounds can exact an emotional, physical, and financial toll on the patient and his caregivers. Frustration and confusion continue to arise among clinicians when trying to determine a wound management pathway for a wound or skin condition, when to change to a different type of dressing or drug or device, how to document the progress of the wound or skin appropriately, and how to track outcomes based on care practices. This educational webinar will assist the practitioner in understanding wound repair, local and systemic factors affecting healing, wound types, patient assessment and documentation parameters.
Educational GrantThis course is underwritten by an unrestricted educational grant from
Contact HoursUpon completion of the post-test with a score of 70% or higher, this course is accredited for 1 CE credit
- Describe the basic and complex elements that orchestrate wound repair.
- Describe the four phases of wound healing.
- List 3 local and systemic factors that impede wound healing.
- Define the stages of pressure ulcers and 2 classifications of non-pressure related wounds.
- Describe 3 patient assessment action items impacting successful skin & wound healing.
- List 4 assessment parameters contributing to the documentation continuum for successful wound management.
AccreditationThis course has been approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP16358
You must login or create an account before you can take this course.